Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sketychy Mc Sketcherson!

Yesterday was a great mixture of friends and firsts!

Carlo and I woke up and headed to Marleybourn (sp?) to get some breakfast. Carlo had discovered a great little place that did interesting twists on classic breakfast dishes...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The food was really yummy and the banana milkshake that I ordered (for a mere £5.50) tasted just like mum used to make!!

Photobucket
mmmmmmmmm

Carlo and I then went our seperate ways - Carlo to meet up with Pam and me to meet up Julie. Sadly I did not take any pics of Julie and I because we were too busy catching up and cramming in as much face time before I left. It was so nice to see her though I am super bummed that I am not going to be at Elizabeths wedding next weekend :(

Anyhow, Julie had to go to her future in-law's, so I went back to the Langham to prepare for dinner at Sketch...

I noticed that Carlo has a LOT of plaid shirts!!

Photobucket

Sketch was eye candy to say the least... Carlo and I arrived before Whitney, Tom and Delia so we sat at the bar for a drink...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The floor was carpet in the pattern of a hard wood floor...

Photobucket

The napkins had phone numbers on them...

Photobucket

Then everyone arrived and we were taken into the dining room...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There was a video instillation on the walls of the restaurant and everything was a little "quirky"...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



The food was actually quite delitious...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had some strange desserts like Mozzarella ice cream with lemon sponge cake and tomato reduction as well as bubblegum ice cream with orange blossom marshmellows and green tea crispys...

Photobucket

Photobucket



We then all had to try out the "Egg Pod" bathrooms that gave you german lessons when you closed the doors...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After "Sketch" we totted off to this little dive bar that Carlo and I were thnking of trying the night before...

Photobucket

Photobucket

We were kicked out eventually as they were trying to close!

We then walked around the sex area of London (apparently it only costs £5 for a hand job - I was rather surprised by this, not sure why but thought that it would cost more)...

Photobucket

Then it was off to another underground/ bunker bar where I had a "Japanese Slipper" that I had 2 sips of and could not finish (Delia helped me with it!)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last but not least we walked back to the Langham where we had a "night cap" (at 1:30am) and then called it a night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had a really great time with Carlo, Tom, Whitney and Delia - many a conversation that I cannot repeat here but highly amusing!

PS - Everyone in the UK wear very little clothes on the weekends... quite slutty to say the least...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment