Saturday, August 1, 2009

What an AMAZING day!

Today I awoke at 10:30am - a nice long sleep in as during the week I have been getting up at 5am (uukk)!

I decided to have a look around at what Bedford has to offer and was surprised to find a nice little farmers market in the towns square...

Photobucket
Photobucket

I didn't get anything as I have a mini fridge of food that I have to get through first. Therefore I made my way over to the used book store "Oxfam" that I had been eyeing since I arrived...

Photobucket

The place is tiny but the selection GREAT! I got 6 books for £10 - two if which are actually signed by the authors. If I had more space in my suitcase and more time I would have purchased even more!

Anyhow, I went back to the Swan where I was planning on spending the rest of the day reading and eating my way through my food but Monette called and asked if I wanted to go to this little town that she had heard about called Worburn. It was only a half hour away but it felt like a world away. The scenery was SO beautiful! We found this great church and had to stop to take photos...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Some of the graves dated back to the early 1800's - we were actually surprised at how long all these people lived (a lot of them passed away in their late 80's and 90's). We think it may have something to do with the fresh air and beautiful location...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I then freaked out as I was convinced (and still am) that I found part of a human bone...

Photobucket

Monette then one upped me and found a whole damn scull...

Photobucket

Thank god it was not human!

Photobucket

Anyhow, next to the church was the "Vicars" house which was super cute...

Photobucket
Photobucket

What was not super cute was the fact that the vicar had his very own plot marked out and reserved with a cross (creepy)...

Photobucket

It was then that I noticed a cherry tree - never one to shy away from a cherry I decided to pick a a few...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Lucky I tasted them before I went and picked more as they were very "uukk"!

Photobucket

We then made it to Worburn - WHAT A CUTE LITTLE VILLAGE!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We found another great church...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

An apple tree (which tasted Uukk)...

Photobucket

And this great antique store where Monette found this AMAZING ring...

Photobucket

There were many treasures to be found...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And I may have to go back tomorrow for a pair of Staffodshire Dogs that I LOVE.

We then went to this vintage clothing store where the clothes were less than mediocre (with the exception of this skirt that I purchased)...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

But the hats were amazing... (maybe Monette has to get one when we go back tomorrow??!!)

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was then off to lunch at "The Black Horse" which had been recommended to us...

Photobucket
Photobucket

WHAT A GREAT PLACE - the food was yummy, the place clean and the ambiance just right...

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

With our bellies full, we ventured off to check out the Abbey and the Raindeers (it felt like we entered Narnia!)...

Photobucket

Sadly they were closed but we did find a paddock with some really cute horses that we got out to pet...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Then it was back to the "Swan" where as soon as we drove through the gates I saw this gem which pretty much sums up what the place is like...

Photobucket

Tomorrow we are off to a simulated sky dive and back to feed and pet the raindeer... cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment