Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oh dear God!

Today we thought that we would take a leisurely trip to London to stay at my bosses house as he is away for the weekend and leave our nasty "Sawn" hotel behind...

Photobucket
My room at the "Swan" that looks over the parking garage...

He has a 4 story, townhouse right in the middle of Knitsbridge (aka 2 dangerous blocks from Harrods!!) so what could be better?

Photobucket

At first we were all going to take one car, but we soon realized that we were not going to fit in one mini car with all our laundry (yes - my boss as a washer and dryer... hurrah!).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Therefore we took two separate cars. It all stared off well as we both had GPS navigation system so thought that it would be a breeze to get into London...

BOY WERE WE WRONG!! What is usually a 1.5 - 2 hours drive took 3.5 hours!!! Why you ask? Because the possessed GPS systems had us going around and around in a giant circle for the first hour?? aghhhhhh



Not only that, within the first 30 seconds of being on the road, we were driving on the wrong side...

Photobucket

Anyhow, once we saw concrete I think that we both shed a few tears of joy. My bosses place is right next to the science center and the V&A so if we have time tomorrow I might check them out...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Once we arrived, we were all starving Marvin (specially seeing as we had not anticipated it taking us several lifetimes to get here). Joe and Mischa arrived before us and found this really cute Italian restaurant that was 2 doors down from the apartment...

Photobucket

The owner was really sweet and the food was delicious (I was so hungry that I am pretty sure that I consumed an entire bakery of bread before my meal even arrived - am thinking that I may be a heffer when I awake tomorrow)!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We were all really exhausted and also in little states of food coma! I started to dream of the days at the Langham as I discovered that I never returned the room key (I wonder if it still works??!!)...

Photobucket

Then we discovered something that was SUPER UUKK! When we got out we found that we had parking tickets? There is no place to park in London and added to that are their very confusing parking signes. The tickets were £80 each - the good news? If you pay within 15 days they give you a 50% discount (yippee).

Photobucket
Photobucket

grrrrrrrrrrrrr - We were ehausted and decided to take a wee nap before heading out.

After all that ordeal, we had another drama filled attempt at finding a parking garage (dont even want to write about it as it makes me angry but we finally found a place for a discount rate of £44 - aghhhhh)

Before we knew it, it was 6:00pm... I wanted to get some candles for when we get back to the stink hole and travel scrabble so that we have something to do. We decided to go to Harrods as we didn't dare travel far from the home...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got some great candles on sale and I managed to get my scrabble as well (even though it was £13 for the travel one - a bargain compared to the £30 regular version??!!). We went through the food hall and saw some really cute marzipan fruit...

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then went to look at the pets (again - huge disappointment, £50 rabbits for sale as well as £800 tabby cats!). Then it was off to see the amazingly tacky Dodie (sp?) and Diana displays - aghhhhhh

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was exhausting battling the crowds, but we did find a funny sign that was describing a new "Anti social act" which was quite fitting as but a mere hour ago, Monette had been driving backwards down this very street to get to a parking garage!

Photobucket
Photobucket

It was then time to relax so we found this cute little tea shop where we had tea and scones, Joe had a club sandwich and Mishca had a strawberry sundae (yum yum yum)!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We are now back at the pad doing laundry. We are all in our pyjamas on our computers trying to get fined for the new "Anti social act"!! Lets hope the trip back home is not as dramatic!!

Photobucket

A big shout out to Joe who took a lot of the pics on todays entry! He was also kind enough to give me some pics from our shoot last week...

Photobucket
My boss Chris and I working out of our makeshift office on location...

Photobucket
Me working two phone lines and my computer on location!

Photobucket
Trying to figure out how to solve the "Traffic Jam" puzzle - we have become addicted to these on set! Thanks Ed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment